Wednesday 3 February 2016

A Recipe For Learning

You may have also heard...

Be prepared to make mistakes and learn from them

Try new things even if they scare us

Think before you act

Respect yourself and others

Make wise choices to support your learning

Include people if they look excluded

Be open-minded – Listen to, consider and value other perspectives

Take ownership of our learning

Dream big

Something we should cherish in Room 9....


In a large mixing bowl combine…

A whole cup of CURIOSITY (I am a child, I am naturally curious)

A dash or three of RELEVANCE (I learn best when what I am learning is meaningful to my own experiences in the physical world)

A pint of INTEREST (I am most motivated to learn when I am engaged and interested in the topic at hand)

A good dose of VARIETY (I like to learn things in lots of different ways)

A smidgen of PURPOSE (I like you to know that I can be helpful)

A heaped tablespoon of PROBLEM SOLVING (To really get me thinking)

A litre of ACTIVE, HANDS ON DOING (It is through active interaction with objects, places and people that I acquire knowledge)

And more than pinch of PLAYFUL FUN.

Stir together with…

TIME (To explore, experience, grow and mature)

An INTERESTED ADULT (To guide, pose challenges and push my thinking further)

And FRIENDS to learn alongside (Sharing with others helps to reinforce my own learning)

…and you have a RECIPE FOR LEARNING!


Now it is your turn!

Key Questions:
- What is important to my learning needs?
- What qualities do I value?
- What are my strengths?
How will we know we have been successful?

4 comments:

  1. This was a extremely fun writing lesson. It was very creative and allowed us to think outside of the box.
    Thanks Mr Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a very creative, original, fun way of writing our own original recipe for learning and turning a plain normal class treaty into a new, more interesting task. I really enjoyed creating my recipe. Thanks Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a fun lesson that I really enjoyed.
    Thanks Mr Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for an interesting and creative lesson.

    ReplyDelete